Saturday 26 December 2009

Keep on swimming... I mean colouring!

During this festive time which is about sharing...Here's an inside look into the process of colouring a comic book page for the Ellen Degeneres book for Bluewater Productions.



I start with the penciled art provided by Bluewater.


I then seperate out the gutters and choose a base tone which will later effect the mood of the whole page.


The flat colours go in next. I reference real people, environments and fish at this stage.


After the flat colours are complete I add the base tone which should be really subtle.


It's now time to pick up the brushes! Using a couple of layers I now paint in all the shadows, highlights and other details. And here you have it, a completed page.

And finally... Keep on swimming colouring.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.